JDA Rules of Prohibition & Relaxation on building construction

No construction can take place without the prior permission of a competent officer. Construction can take place only in accordance with the building plan(s) approved by the Competent Officer.
However;
(i) The construction on residential plots up to 500 square metres falling in scheme areas mentioned in byelaw no. 2.54, any commercial plot for which no type design is specified
and in cases of farm house plots can take place (in accordance to the by-laws) without the consent of Competent Officer. The following procedure shall be followed;
(a) The applicant need not file a detailed plan but must file a setback plan proposing setbacks (as per law) along with an application in prescribed format with the relevant documents and applicable fee to the Competent Officer (Competent Officer mentioned in byelaw no. 5 except for technocrats) before commencement of the construction.
(b) Similarly, for commercial construction, the applicant can start construction after submission of approved type-design along with application in prescribed format.
relevant documents and applicable fee.
(ii) For residential plots of all sizes falling under the scheme areas mentioned in byelaw no. 2.54, the technocrats registered under byelaw no. 18.4 and possessing qualifications mentioned
in byelaw no. 18.2 (i) to (iv) are authorized to grant permission for construction up to first floor.
(iii) They shall grant permission as per the procedure mentioned in byelaw no. 13.3. The applicant shall mandatorily leave setbacks as per rules, otherwise the construction shall be held illegal and be liable to action.
No permission shall be required for the following types of constructions if they are not violating the provisions of any of the building by-laws:
(a) Internal alterations
(b)For gardening
© For white washing
(d) for colour washing
(e) For reconstruction of roof or tiling work
(f) For plastering
(g) for re-fixation of flooring
(h) For construction of overhang (Chajja) on owned land
(i) For reconstruction of a building to the extent damaged by natural calamity
(j) For boundary wall up to 2 meters in height and for grill/fencing up to 1 metre in height.
(k) For raising the plinth height in existing buildings
(I) Storage water tanks
(m) Services and facilities (pertaining to the building) such as air conditioning, fire fighting etc.
(n) Cooling plant

For further details refer :JDA Building Byelaws 2010

Manish Jain Luhadia 
B.Arch (hons.), M.Plan
Email: manish@frontdesk.co.in
Tel: +91 141 6693948

Messages In This Thread
JDA Rules of Prohibition & Relaxation on building construction - by Manish Jain - 05-27-2014, 01:30 PM
RE: JDA Rules of Prohibition & Relaxation on building construction - by Marius Titulescu - 08-04-2016, 06:24 PM
RE: JDA Rules of Prohibition & Relaxation on building construction - by Manish Jain - 09-11-2018, 02:12 PM
RE: JDA Rules of Prohibition & Relaxation on building construction - by Manish Jain - 09-11-2018, 03:47 PM