What should be the depth of the foundation for a house?

I am planning to start the construction of my new house. One of my friend told me that the foundation is also one the major concern in Vastu Shastra. Can anyone tell me that is it really matters and if what are the recommendations as per Vastu Shastra?

(07-08-2016, 12:11 PM)NishaSahaay Wrote:  I am planning to start the construction of my new house. One of my friend told me that the foundation is also one the major concern in Vastu Shastra. Can anyone tell me that is it really matters and if what are the recommendations as per Vastu Shastra?

According to custom, one should lay the foundation stone before starting construction. Five foundation rocks are laid in auspicious moment for laying foundation (Shilaanyaasa)
After the Site is cleared, the first ritual to be done before starting the construction, is a Vastu pooja or Bhoomi Pooja. Before starting construction, worship these rocks before laying them as foundation. This is ritualistic and should be done at an auspicious time and on an auspicious day, as fixed by your astrologer. The pooja should be done in the North-East corner of the site.
 Digging in south direction of the foundation of house in Paush, Magha, Marg shirsha months gives good result. If you want to get your house constructed in Falgun month, start digging in the west part of land. You will get good result.
1) Chaitra (March-April): If digging starts in these months, the owner faces great hardships. First
entry into the home with a purpose of living is also prohibited during this period.
2) Jyeshtha (June): If the digging starts in this month, the planets become unfavorable for the
owner. First entry is also prohibited.
3) Asharh (July): If the digging is started in this month, the owner suffers the loss of animal stock.
4) Shravana (August): If digging is started in this month, the owner suffers loss of wealth.
5) Bhaadrapad (September): Digging in this month leads to quarrels at home.
6) Ashwin (October): Digging leads to familial disputes in the home.
7) Kartik (November): If digging is started in this month, servants and subordinates run away.
8) Magh (February): Owner has to face the danger of fire in his home, if digging starts in this
month.
Following months, however, are considered auspicious to start digging of foundation:
1) Baishakh (May): The owner gets unprecedented benefits if digging is started in this month.
2) Margshirsh (December): The owner obtains wealth if the digging starts in this month. This
month is also auspicious to make first entry in the home.
3) Paush (January): Owners gets wealth if the digging starts in this month.
4) Phalgun (March): All the desires of the owner are fulfilled if the digging starts in this month.

Demolition: In case of demolition of an old building, the work should start from the North-East corner.  The Reasoning – In all the above Vastu points, it is obvious that the construction is done such that, the North-East part is always lower than the rest of the area. This is to allow the useful sunlight from the North-East to permeate the rest of the construction at all times. So it is easier to start demolishing from the lowest part of the building.

Old materials: The old building materials should not be re-used for the new construction, unless their quality is guaranteed. The Reasoning – Old material will never be as strong or as long lasting as new material. So it is not worth using old material just because it is cheaper.

Front Desk Architects
www.frontdesk.co.in
Email: architect@frontdesk.co.in , Tel: +91 0141 2743536