JDA Rules of Prohibition & Relaxation on building construction

No construction can take place without the prior permission of a competent officer. Construction can take place only in accordance with the building plan(s) approved by the Competent Officer.
However;
(i) The construction on residential plots up to 500 square metres falling in scheme areas mentioned in byelaw no. 2.54, any commercial plot for which no type design is specified
and in cases of farm house plots can take place (in accordance to the by-laws) without the consent of Competent Officer. The following procedure shall be followed;
(a) The applicant need not file a detailed plan but must file a setback plan proposing setbacks (as per law) along with an application in prescribed format with the relevant documents and applicable fee to the Competent Officer (Competent Officer mentioned in byelaw no. 5 except for technocrats) before commencement of the construction.
(b) Similarly, for commercial construction, the applicant can start construction after submission of approved type-design along with application in prescribed format.
relevant documents and applicable fee.
(ii) For residential plots of all sizes falling under the scheme areas mentioned in byelaw no. 2.54, the technocrats registered under byelaw no. 18.4 and possessing qualifications mentioned
in byelaw no. 18.2 (i) to (iv) are authorized to grant permission for construction up to first floor.
(iii) They shall grant permission as per the procedure mentioned in byelaw no. 13.3. The applicant shall mandatorily leave setbacks as per rules, otherwise the construction shall be held illegal and be liable to action.
No permission shall be required for the following types of constructions if they are not violating the provisions of any of the building by-laws:
(a) Internal alterations
(b)For gardening
© For white washing
(d) for colour washing
(e) For reconstruction of roof or tiling work
(f) For plastering
(g) for re-fixation of flooring
(h) For construction of overhang (Chajja) on owned land
(i) For reconstruction of a building to the extent damaged by natural calamity
(j) For boundary wall up to 2 meters in height and for grill/fencing up to 1 metre in height.
(k) For raising the plinth height in existing buildings
(I) Storage water tanks
(m) Services and facilities (pertaining to the building) such as air conditioning, fire fighting etc.
(n) Cooling plant

For further details refer :JDA Building Byelaws 2010

Manish Jain Luhadia 
B.Arch (hons.), M.Plan
Email: manish@frontdesk.co.in
Tel: +91 141 6693948

Thanks for the explanation.
I have sent an e-mail to JDA for more confirmation.

As par clause 6 of new Unified building by-laws 2017 :
Ban on building construction without permission of capable officer
There will be no building construction without written permission of competent officer. Building construction work can only be executed according to approved map /maps by competent officer. 
However

[Image: attachment.php?aid=375]

(i)  Construction up to ground  and first floor of Independent residential plot areas less than 250 sqm in urban land and case of farm house and commercial plots having type design can be done without permission of capable officer according to provision of this by-laws , except S-2 wall city area decided according to clause  3.0 and special area and special road decided under clause 8.4 and 8.5.
The following procedure shall be followed
[Image: attachment.php?aid=376]

(a) For building construction applicant need not required to submit detail maps. only site plan showing proposed setback ( As par rules ) with type design if laid down should be attached with prescribed application form , ownership and other documents with fees are to be submit to competent  officer correlating local body than only construction can start on site. 

[Image: attachment.php?aid=377]
(b) building construction can be done according to criteria of by-laws , correlating local body can remove any construction found against criteria of by-laws

[Image: attachment.php?aid=378]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Manish Jain Luhadia 
B.Arch (hons.), M.Plan

No permission shall be required for the following types of constructions if they are not violating the provisions of any of the building by-laws: 
(a) Internal alterations ( In this alternation due to which the gross builtup area , setback, ground coverage and outer dimension of building and provision of by-laws are not violated )
(b)For gardening 
(c ) For white washing
(d) for colour washing 
(e) For reconstruction of roof or tiling work 
(f) For plastering 
(g) for re-fixation of flooring 
(h) For construction of overhang (Chajja) on owned land 
[Image: attachment.php?aid=379]

(i) For reconstruction of a building to the extent damaged by natural calamity 
(j) For boundary wall up to 2 meters in height and for grill/fencing up to 1 metre in height. 
(k) For raising the plinth height in existing buildings 
(I) Storage water tanks / septic tank / soak pit
(m) Cooling plant / solar plant 
(n) Building Services and facilities such as air conditioning, fire fighting, rain water storage , sewerage treatment plan, guard room etc. 

[Image: attachment.php?aid=380]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Manish Jain Luhadia 
B.Arch (hons.), M.Plan