Study notes of Introduction to Settlement

Study notes of Introduction to Settlement

.pdf Introduction to Settlement Planning1.pdf Size: 1.22 MB  Downloads: 140

Information on this site is purely for education (students / users) purpose. Their use here does not imply that you may use them for any purpose other than similar informational. 

Front Desk Architects
www.frontdesk.co.in
Email: architect@frontdesk.co.in , Tel: +91 0141 2743536

Informatory & explanatory notes on Settlement

Thank you for the study notes sharing with us , I appreciate your efforts in collecting the information and sharing it. The material will be very useful in helping us in understanding settlement . The information you provided is both up-to-date and specific to our research needs. As I hoped, these data will help me to convince the clients to specify  planning needs in some of our designs.

What is Settlement?
A settlement is a permanent or semi-permanent human community, typically a small to medium-sized town or village, which is inhabited by a group of people and has a defined geographical area and boundaries. A settlement can be either urban or rural and can have a variety of functions, including residential, commercial, industrial, or a mix of these.

Urban settlements, such as cities and towns, are characterized by high population densities, complex social and economic systems, and a wide range of services and amenities. Rural settlements, on the other hand, are typically smaller and less densely populated, and their residents are often engaged in agricultural or resource-based activities.

Settlements can be formed for various reasons, including proximity to natural resources, transportation networks, or other settlements. They can also be established for political, religious, or strategic reasons.

The development of settlements is an important aspect of human history, as it reflects changes in economic and social systems, technological advancements, and population growth.