Metro Site Access and Circulation

Metro Site Access and Circulation

10.2.1 Circulation patterns for traffic within Station sites and on approaching streets shall be site specific, and shall consider:

(i) Integration of Stations with the existing urban fabric, merge with the surroundings, respect for local traditions, and minimize visual intrusion into the urban landscape;

(ii) separation of traffic modes to allow convenient, safe and rapid access to and from metro facilities; and

(iii)passenger design loads for the Rail System.

10.2.2 Access Modes

TheStations shall be designed in a manner that enables Users to arrive at and depart from the Stations via the following modes:

(i) Pedestrian walk-in;

(ii) scooter and cycle with parking facilities; and car with parking facilities wherever feasible;

(iii) bus; and

(iv) taxi, auto-rickshaw, cycle-rickshaw and car drop-off.

10.2.3 Site Circulation Parameters

(i) Site circulation and Station circulation shall be separated vertically, in most cases, with the Station above the site circulation.

(ii) An entrance shall be visible from the bus-loading area, if possible and at a minimum shall be easily accessible from the passenger loading area. Covered access from the vehicle drop-off areas to the Station entrance shall be provided.

(iii) Station and property development circulation shall be separated as far as possible.

(iv) Site circulation layouts shall be simple and direct, allowing easy orientation for drivers and facilitating movement of pedestrians.

(v) Station parking areas, shall be laid out so that queuing for parking will not obstruct bus circulation or automobile and taxi drop-off areas.

(vi) Where conditions permit, roadways shall be one-way circulation, with turning loops eliminating intersections and conflict movements within the site.

(vii) Sightlines at merges or intersections shall be left clear.

Front Desk Architects
www.frontdesk.co.in
Email: architect@frontdesk.co.in , Tel: +91 0141 2743536