Fatehpur Sikri UP

Fatehpur Sikri is a fascinating ghost city built in the 16th century; 37 km from Agra Akbar the great.

Fatehpur Sikri is the best example of the culmination of Hindu and Muslim architecture. Fatehpur Sikri Mosque is said to be a copy of the mosque in Mecca and has designs, derived from the Persian & Hindu architecture.

Diwan-i-Khas- Hall: Popularly known as the “Ekstambha Prasada”, the Diwan-i-Khas served as the royal chamber of Emperor Akbar. It is designed according to the Persian style of architecture and is decorated with fine sculpture and precious stones. There are 4 kiosks, which are located in the middle of the court.
Panch Mahal: The Panch Mahal ranks among the most fascinating buildings in Fatehpur Sikri. It is a five-storey building which was meant to be the shelter of the royal ladies and mistresses. The top story of the building offers a panoramic view of the surrounding area.

Tomb of Salim Chisti: The tomb of renowned Sufi saint Salim Chisti is located here. The tomb is well known for its delicate carvings and draws hundreds of pilgrims.

Buland Darwaza: It ranks among the important monuments in the place. This enormous gateway has a height of 54 meters and is largest gateway in the world. It was made in the year 1575 to celebrate Emperor Akbar's success in conquering Gujarat and is a fine blend of Persion and mughal architecture.

Apart from these prime Attractions in Fatehpur Sikri are Diwan-I-Am, Turkish Sultana’s House, The Treasury, Daulat khana-I-khas, Palace of Jodha Bai, Hawa Mahal And Nagina Masjid, Birbal’s Palace, Sunehra Makan and The Jama Masjid.

[Image: fatehpursikri%20(14).jpg] [Image: fatehpursikri%20(7).jpg]
[Image: fatehpursikri%20(12).jpg] [Image: fatehpursikri%20(13).jpg]
[Image: fatehpursikri%20(1).jpg] [Image: fatehpursikri%20(17).jpg]

http://agra.nic.in/historyof_fatehpur.html